Sunday, April 23, 2006

More in the Art Gallery

Illustration by Alice Martineau
I have added some more pictures to the Hollyer Art Gallery. But can you find them all? The illustration (left) is signed by 'Alice Martineau' which is believed to be a pseudonym used by Eva Hollyer for some of her work. A theme in several of the new pictures is the fact that both William Perring Hollyer and his son Gregory would often paint near-identical pictures. I suppose if the theme sold, then why not 'mass produce'?

2 Comments:

At 11:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter, I am Richard Hollyer's daughter-in-law how are you? I have some of Gregory,s paintings.

 
At 7:58 am, Blogger Peter Walker said...

Hi Norma,

I'd be pleased to see any photos of your paintings by Gregory.

Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home