Monday, April 10, 2006

Conference Weekend

Just returned from the Guild of One-Name Studies AGM and Conference weekend - quite busy time for me as I'm currently Chairman of this organisation. Anni Berman gave me a marriage certificate for a Hilda May Hollier Simmons from 1943 as a result of the Hemel Hempstead Marriage Challenge. Although indexed as Hollier-Simmons, Hollier was in fact one of her middle names and her grandparents were John Simmons and Louisa Hollier who married on the Isle of Wight in 1850.

Got back to 3 queries. Graham Maskell contacted me about Alexander Charles Hollyer (1859-1938) who married Eleanor Louisa Syrett, a Great Aunt of his. Alexander was a painter and decorator from the City Hollyers. Kathryn Hollier who had written to me back in 2002 requested I send her family tree again. Hers is a Leicesterhsire family whose origins were however with the Somerset Holliers. Finally Rod Laird told me about his grandfather Sydney Charles Holyer in rural Kent in the early 20th century.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home