Wednesday, April 02, 2008

They come in twos...

Peter Bloore, having sent me the material on Hollier's Farm at Hagley, must have been senstitive to the surname. He sent me a cutting from the Black Country Bugle concerning the Turner family of famous industrialists, who descend from a marriage of George Turner to Sarah Hollier, including the notable Sir Walford Hollier Turner.

A couple of days later, I had a contact from Caroline Turner, whose husband descends from this family and she provided me with much material about Sarah's father, William Hollier, who was one of the brothers who moved to the Black Country from Fordingbridge in Hampshire. In return, I was able to pass on the press cutting to her.

Strange how these contacts seem to come in pairs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home